Here are the texbook names that you need to follow and their approximate price with Flipkart links.
in CUSAT CAT by Chief Forum Moderator (159k points)
edited by | 902 views

1 Answer

+10 votes
Best answer

3 books can be taken from the Library. I will give you the text book names that you need to followed with price.

Subject Textbook name Price (Approx)
Engineering Mathematics I B.S.Grewal, Higher Engineering Mathematics, Khanna Publishers
Rs.500

Engineering Physics S. Mani Naidu, A Text book of Engineering Physics, Pearson, 2010
Rs.225

Engineering Chemistry Peter Atkins, Julio de Paula, Elements of Physical Chemistry, Oxford University
Press, 2005.

Rs.360

Engineering Mechanics Timoshenko and Young, Engineering Mechanics, McGraw Hill Book Company.

Rs.400

Engineering Graphics P I Varghese , Engineering Graphics, VIP Publishers.

Rs.418

Basic Civil and Mechanical
Engineering
  •  Roy M. Thomas, Fundamentals of Civil Engineering, Educational Publishers,Ernakulam (CUSAT Professor)
  • Gill, Smith & Ziurys, Fundamentals of Internal Combustion Engines, Oxford & IBH (for mechanical)
Basic Electrical and Electronics
Engineering
Thomas L. Floyd, Electronic Devices, Pearson Education Inc. 7th edition.

Rs.400+

Computer Programming Varghese Paul, Computer Fundamentals , EPD.

Rs. 195

Environmental Studies and
Technical Communication
Benny Joseph, Environmental Science & Engineering, Tata McGraw Hill Education
Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2010.

Rs.212

Endnote:The books and prices mentioned here may not be the same.or accurate. Please check it with the sylabus.

by Chief Forum Moderator (159k points)
edited by
the books shall be available at d colg rite??  (we pay to d institute and they give us)  like our school?
From ENGG. MATH 1 to ENGG.GRAPHICS is it compulsary for ol branches ? im in MECH THE DEVIL so wot ol from abobe shud b purchased? Pls buddy !! If possible pls do give a msg !!! Btw thanx for imp info buddy :)
@ashpri The books will be not be available in College. !(You cant pay to institution and they will provide). Its not your school ! The Links i provided you need to visit NEED NOT BUY. I posted the links in order to get a basic idea and thats all !
@kmaniac : SEMESTER I&II (COMMON TO ALL BRANCHES). so the books are common.Just  Read the Syllabus (2012 scheme)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8u3rpw5gua3rh6/btech_s1s2_syllabus_2012.pdf .

I prefer you to buy Grewal Mathematics, Mechanics Text ! which can be useful in all 4 years for you !
Thanku DEVIL :) i will hav a check!

3.3k questions

5.4k answers

3.5k comments

11.1k users

Welcome to Cusatxpress Question and Answer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. Download our Android app for Easy access.
3,288 questions
5,447 answers
3,462 comments
11,131 users