where can i get the text books..?
joined for cs1f..
Is laptop necessary for the 1st year of cs?
(do consider. i come from biology stream :(
in Others by Senate Member (6.6k points) | 588 views

2 Answers

+4 votes
Best answer
no laptop is not necessary for any branch for the first year but if you are very curious then it is your choice

when your studies begin the books would be suggested or if you know some senior you can get it from them

or you would have to buy it get it

dont worry
by Moderator (82.1k points)
selected by
from where I can buy those ??
could you please tell me the approximate price for all the accessories ?? :(
the prices vary for the books and only those who are in touch with it can tell it exactly
you should keep sufficient money around 2 thousands for the books (it is my guess)
it would be best if you or any of your friends or relatives here have atm cards so that you can deposit your money safely and get it only when required
+5 votes

Laptop wont be necessary Navajyoth ! but you can get some extra tution for computer programming on the first year. That will be enough. ! the texts books shall not be whole purchased. 3 books can be taken from the Library. I will give you the text book names that you need to followed with price.

Subject Textbook name Price (Approx)
Engineering Mathematics I B.S.Grewal, Higher Engineering Mathematics, Khanna Publishers Rs.500
(flipkart link)
Engineering Physics S. Mani Naidu, A Text book of Engineering Physics, Pearson, 2010 Rs.225
(flipkart link)
Engineering Chemistry Peter Atkins, Julio de Paula, Elements of Physical Chemistry, Oxford University
Press, 2005.

Rs.360
(flipkart link)

Engineering Mechanics Timoshenko and Young, Engineering Mechanics, McGraw Hill Book Company. ---
Engineering Graphics P I Varghese , Engineering Graphics, VIP Publishers. ---
Basic Civil and Mechanical
Engineering
  •  Roy M. Thomas, Fundamentals of Civil Engineering, Educational Publishers,Ernakulam (CUSAT Professor)
  • Gill, Smith & Ziurys, Fundamentals of Internal Combustion Engines, Oxford & IBH (for mechanical)
Basic Electrical and Electronics
Engineering
Thomas L. Floyd, Electronic Devices, Pearson Education Inc. 7th edition.

Rs.400+
(flipkart link)

Computer Programming Varghese Paul, Computer Fundamentals , EPD.

Rs. 195
(flipkart link)

Environmental Studies and
Technical Communication
Benny Joseph, Environmental Science & Engineering, Tata McGraw Hill Education
Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2010.
 ---

Endnote:The books and prices mentioned here may not be the same.or accurate. Please check it with the sylabus.

by Chief Forum Moderator (159k points)

3.3k questions

5.4k answers

3.5k comments

11.1k users

Welcome to Cusatxpress Question and Answer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. Download our Android app for Easy access.
3,288 questions
5,447 answers
3,462 comments
11,131 users