Most often a...">
thank u Constantine ur prediction came true i got a seat in SF payment
my parents told me that its a good course but many of my friends and relatives are telling that sf is like becoming a fireman or like NIFE
pls tell me if the above are true
related to an answer for: fire-and-safety-chances
in CUSAT CAT by Returner (470 points) | 497 views

4 Answers

+6 votes
Best answer

Most often a career in Fire and Safety is misunderstood as a career in Fire fighting

After passing the degree you would get a various of oppurtunites like

• Safety Officer • Safety Supervisor • Safety Warden • Safety Checker • Safety Instructor • Safety Auditor • Safety-in Charge • HSE assistant • Safety Engineers • HSE officers • Design Engineer fire protection • Estimation Engineer Fire protection • Fire Alarm Technician • Fire protection technician etc

If you are interested in these, Fire and saftey will be the best option for you
GOOD LUCK

by Public Relations officer (47.7k points)
selected by
+2 votes

Well congrats buddy...and welcome to cusat...sorry for the late reply............

ur doubt regarding the course have been well answered by arj5463 ........

buddy,safety engineers are required in almost every companies....past years mechanical engineers were being recruited as safety engineers since sufficient safety engineers were not available...but last years the govt had announced that for every companies the safety engineer post should be strictly awarded to those who hold a btech in fire and safety..thus the demand of this course increased even more......most of the people are not aware of these course and hence they totally misunderstand this course.....
by Public Relations officer (52.7k points)
edited by
+2 votes
Congrats for getting SF in Cusat...i think u shud join the course...Cusat has got good placements in this Branch
by Senate Member (6.7k points)
yes i joined
+2 votes
fire and safety is more like a safety and supervision branch of mech .... good companies like Indial Oil ....have come with attractive packages to the CUSAT .... its more like a managerial job in safety department of risk related branches....
by Worshipper (39.1k points)
SKR is being  a safety officer a risky job ?
i dont think that planning safety plans in an air conditioned office is risky .... there are field visits fir sure .... but it isnt life risk
fire and safety asap

3.3k questions

5.4k answers

3.5k comments

11.1k users

Welcome to Cusatxpress Question and Answer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. Download our Android app for Easy access.
3,288 questions
5,447 answers
3,462 comments
11,131 users