Registration of candidates who have already...">
Some frequently asked questions given by www.cusat.nic.in.
closed with the note: Forum message
in CUSAT CAT by Staff Member (26.5k points)
closed by | 401 views

2 Answers

+6 votes
Best answer

1. What is the counseling procedure on the days?

Registration of candidates who have already paid fees is the first process. The registration will
be followed by verification of original certificates and final confirmation of admission.
Admission cards will be issued to candidates whose admission is confirmed.

2. I got allotment in a branch and paid the fees. What should I do next?
You should report at the counseling venue (Kunajli Marakkar School of Marine Engineering,
Thrikkakara Campus, CUSAT, Kochi -22 ) with all your documents (in original and enough
copies) for certificate verification and confirmation of admission on the specified days as per the
schedule.

3. I have a valid CAT rank but I failed to register my options at CUSAT
You will not be considered for any allotments based on options at CUSAT. However, after the
regular allotments/updations, you can attend the spot admissions as and when scheduled.

4. I got allotment in payment seat. Later I was updated to free seat or a course with lower fees?
The excess fee paid in full will be refunded to you after the closing of admission.

5. I got allotted in free seat. Later I was updated to payment seat or a course with higher fees?
The balance fee should be remitted at the time of certificate verification / counseling on the
specified dates as mentioned in the schedule. The provisional admitted list with details of
balance fee payable/refundable will be published in the web site.

6. I am yet to get allotment in a branch. What should I do?
Please wait for the further allotments as per the schedule. The waiting list status will let you
know the position / chances for admission.

7. I got allotted in Marine Engineering. What should I do next?
Now you should pay the fees in the bank. Make sure that you are medically fit for sea sailing by
obtaining a fitness certificate from any DG shipping-approved medical examiners. The list of
approved medical examiners is available in the url (ms notice no 14 of 2011)
www.dgshipping.com/dgship/final/notices/note14_2011_151012_b.htm

8. I got allotted in Marine Engineering, but I failed to get the Physical Fitness certificate and / or do not have enough qualification for admission. What should I do?
You should pay the fees on the specified date in order to maintain your position in the waiting
list, failing wich you will be removed from all the waiting lists. Report at the counseling venue
on the specified date with all the documents for admission. If you are not qualified you will be
removed only from the allotted seat maintaining your waiting list position in all the existing
higher options. You will be considered for allotment to your higher options in subsequent
updations

9. I am satisfied with my allotted branch. How should I cancel my higher options?
Candidates who are satisfied themselves with their status of being admitted in a particular
branch shall have the liberty to cancel all or any of his/her higher options. For this, the candidate
should submit a request in specified format in person and should sign the register maintained in
the counselling venue. The higher option cancellation can be done only once during the whole
process of admission.

10. I got admission at another institution. How should I cancel my admission?
You can cancel your admission by giving a request to the Director, IRAA.

by Staff Member (26.5k points)
+5 votes

11. What are the refund rules of the University?
Refund of fees if any will be governed by the following rules and regulations prescribed by the
University.
  • When a student cancels his admission before the commencement of classes, the entire fee will be refunded after deducting a processing fee of Rs.1000/-.
  • When a student cancels his admission after the commencement of classes full amount of tuition fee remitted by him will be refunded to him, irrespective of the fact that he attends or does not attend the classes.
  • When a student cancels his admission after the closing of the admission process, no fees will be refunded to him.
12. What documents should I produce for admission cancellation?
Request for cancellation with original fee receipt, the admit card / payment confirmation page
and a revenue stamp which is to be affixed on the refund receipt (If any amount to be refunded
by the University).

13. When will I get the certificates and money back?
If you submit your application in the morning session, the certificates will be retuned in the after
noon of the same day. The refund of fee will be released only in the next financial year only.

14 I have not registered any options. Can I attend the real time admission?
No. Candidates in the waiting list only can participate in the real time admission.

15.Where do we I get all these information in a PDF?

by Staff Member (26.5k points)

3.3k questions

5.4k answers

3.5k comments

11.1k users

Welcome to Cusatxpress Question and Answer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. Download our Android app for Easy access.
3,288 questions
5,447 answers
3,462 comments
11,130 users