in CUSAT CAT by Returner (500 points) | 541 views

3 Answers

+5 votes
Best answer
as per last year..with 3341 it would be bit tight for u to get instrumentation but u have good edge in case of polymer sci......my friend both courses are terrific in terms of their field....well it totally depends on ur interest...if ur interest lies in the field of polymer go for polymer and if ur interest lies in automation and control go for instrumentation......its time to take ur own decisions :)
by Public Relations officer (52.7k points)
selected by
Thanks constantine!! you guys are of so much help! it is tremendous to see the prompt replies every one is getting on this blog!
i should thank u guys for giving much positive replies to the forum ...THANK YOU :)
hi constantine! I am a bit worried regarding my admission in cochin. do you think i can be strongly hopeful of getting any branch in either of the campus? will i have to wait till spot/real time admission process?? what do u think??my rank in 3341 GEN. and one more thing - what is this all india quota? do i fall under this category? i am perplexed seriously :( please help and sorry if i irritated u guys for asking so many questions.
I can't assure u that but as per last year data,u can hope for polymer and IT...it would be tight but keep hope...an u will have wait,sometime till spot admission....If the rush is less this year then u can also hope for other courses......
For courses like polymer,instrumentation,naval architecture and photonics..the seats are given to north indians as per all india quota...since u r non keralite ,u r under all india quota(AIQ).....
understood loud and clear!! thanks man! :)
hi constantine! my rank in 3341 (non kerala, gen). if I apply for NRI seat on 29th and pay the fees - can i sit for 2nd phase allotment on 1st july? if yes, would i get the refund of NRI if I do get a seat in the 2nd phase?
i had a look at FAQ,and here it is
Am I eligible for normal updations in real time counseling, if I join a course in
NRI spot.(I am in the waiting list of CUSAT rank list)
Yes, if you are not already admitted. But you should report on the specified date
for real time allotment as per schedule  and accept the allotment, if granted, by
canceling the NRI spot admission.
+2 votes
thz depnd n ur field of interst....placmnt z gd....u cn opt othr btech branchs also....chncs z thr n 2nd campus....
by Answering Expert (14.2k points)
edited by
my friend, polymer and instrumentation are btech courses...........
got it! thanks :)
+2 votes

3341 and non keralite student have a little chance in both Polymer and Instrumentation courses. these departments are good at their placements also.

The Selection of Department should Purely depend on your interest rafansh!!

All the best

by Chief Forum Moderator (159k points)
why do u say a little chance :( as my rank is well ahead of the cut offs for INST (4376) and PSRF (8660)?
in case of inst and polymer,u need to consider rank under AIQ

3.3k questions

5.4k answers

3.5k comments

11.1k users

Welcome to Cusatxpress Question and Answer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. Download our Android app for Easy access.
3,288 questions
5,447 answers
3,462 comments
11,131 users