Hey harshid,

A candidate will be considered as a ‘Keralite’ for the...">

5.9k views
while registrating for cusat cat i filled myself as non keralite And community nge, after i came to know abt the keralite status and filled keralite while option registartion. will i  be considered as keralite ?
in CUSAT CAT by Returner (490 points) | 5.9k views

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer

Hey harshid,

A candidate will be considered as a ‘Keralite’ for the limited purpose of eligibility for admission, if 

• He/She or his/her father/mother was born in Kerala OR
  • He/She has been a resident of Kerala for a period of 5 years within a period of 12 years.
    OR
  • He/She has undergone his/her school studies from standards VIII to XII in educational institutions(s) in Kerala.
  • Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non Keralites) allotted to Kerala circle are deemed to be “Keralites’ (GO (Rt) No. 822/H.Edn dated 29/05/2008). But they will not be eligible for Communal/Special Reservations. 

Candidates claiming the Kerallite status should invariably produce at the time of counseling/ admission, any one of the following certificates.

• The certificate of Birth / Residence of the candidate or his/her father or mother from the Village Officer / Tahsildar or from a competent authority of local body,
    OR
  • True copy of the relevant page of the SSLC of the candidate’s father / mother showing the place of birth in Kerala with corroborative evidence showing the relationship between the candidate and the parent,
    OR
  • True copy of the relevant page of the passport of the candidate or either of parents issued by the Government of India showing place of birth in Kerala with corroborative evidence showing the relationship between the parent and candidate,
    OR 
  • True copy of birth certificate of candidate or his / her, father / mother showing the place of birth in Kerala with corroborative evidence showing the relationship between the candidate and father / mother of whose birth certificate is being produced For claiming Keralite-AIS (All India Service), certificate from competent authority should be attached
by Chief Forum Moderator (159k points)
selected by
Thank u for giving ur precious time in this answer

3.3k questions

5.4k answers

3.5k comments

11.1k users

Welcome to Cusatxpress Question and Answer Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. Download our Android app for Easy access.
3,288 questions
5,447 answers
3,462 comments
11,130 users